Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!Meet the team - Video
Siemens Industry Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens Industry Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the role
Siemens Industry Software has a new opportunity for a fulltime reporting and analytics analyst to join the Global Portfolio Development (PFD) & PreSales Operations team supporting the PreSales, PFD, and Strategy groups.
The Global PFD & PreSales Operations Reporting & Analytics Analyst role will be based in the UK, either from our London office or one of our other Siemens locations i.e. Farnborough. This position also offers flexibility around office/ home working.
This position is an exciting chance for someone to network frequently between senior business leaders, the Siemens worldwide organization and supporting the execution of our go-to-market strategy.
Areas of responsibility
- Be the lead for PFD & PreSales reporting and analytics.
- Collect reporting requirements and develop new reporting dashboards.
- Lead, maintain, and enhance current reporting dashboards.
- Data analysis using Excel, Tableau, and/or similar tools.
- Gathering, reporting, and structuring of market analysis and/or company data.
- Defining and developing automation improvements to streamline the current tools and data accuracy.
- Provide thought leadership and be the subject matter expert.
- Define and maintain the reporting standards.
- Liaise with peers to define best practices for data handling & storage, security access and overall reporting setup.
- Define continuity/ contingency and/or backup plans to offset illness, vacation, or attrition.
- Lead and drive projects to completion in expected timelines.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Train, coach, and support student interns.
Your qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Tableau skills with consistent record.
- Advanced Excel skills including formulas, macros, power query experience.
- Advanced data preparation experience with tools like Tableau Prep, Altryx and/or others.
- Strong data visualization skills and consistent track record in developing effective, easy-to-use reporting user interfaces.
- Background in data analytics, mathematics or similar.
- Experience and skills with other analytical tools is a plus.
- Driven and proactive/ can-do attitude.
- Results/ outcome focused.
- Ability to take simple initial concepts and transform these into usable and impactful solutions.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with ability to see beyond immediate or initial requirements.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to multitask.
- Flexible in balancing changing requirements against given priorities.
- Stress resistant and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Willingness and interest to understand and solve business problems.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new software and tools.
- Understanding of Software Sales and/or Software companies is a plus.
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role. Please include a copy of your CV as well as including a cover letter.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time