Build this New Chapter with us…
We are a trusted and valued IT partner of Siemens business units in mastering the challenges of digitalization. Together we create and operate innovative, Siemens-wide established platform solutions.
In our IT unit IoT & Platform Services we are looking for a highly motivated manager of the Strategic Initiatives & Architecture department.
As the head of “Strategic Initiatives & Architecture” you shape and lead a department that teams are responsible for:
- IoT/Factory Digitalization (FD)business portfolio development by trend scouting and bundling needs and requirements of Siemens Businesses to digitize their businesses, products, and factories
- Transfer Siemens’ business requirements into feasible state-of-the-art IT architectures for reusable and scalable IoT- & Platform / Factory Digitalization (FD) services
- Incubate and validate technologies / business models based on business requirements
- Design architectures and co-develop services with IPS Service/OPS units in Hybrid Cloud- and Edge/Factory environments reusing standardized IT building blocks based on Public- and Private Cloud service offerings to deliver valuable and operable IoT/Platform & Factory Digitalization services
To actively support Siemens’ platform strategy, you have the chance to open this new chapter and shaping a brand-new department within IoT & Platform Services (IT IPS). Having the ears and eyes closely on the Siemens Businesses understanding their needs and requirements we will be able to transfer this into valuable IoT & Platform service architectures and can establish reusable and scalable service building blocks.
Change the future with us…
Using your expertise, you will be responsible for:
- Shaping a new department „Strategic Initiatives & Architecture“ including hiring of IT Business Developers and IoT/FD Architects
- Functional & disciplinary management of the new department
- Active IoT Platform/Factory Digitalization (FD)business portfolio development
- Design architectures for IoT Platform/FD Services considering technical feasibility, operability, IT/OT security, legal requirements, and cost efficiency in provisioning of such services and in price efficiency for our customers
- Proactive networking and partnering with relevant Siemens units (Businesses, IoT, FD Programs etc.)
- Close alignments and collaboration with interacting units like IPS service management, IPS security tower and IPS operations units
- Motivating & Coachingof team leaders incl. competence management
What you need to make real what matters.
- University Degree ( Master ) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- You have more than 5 years in managing international IT teams (ideally IT Solution Architects).
- You are known as a digital leader who knows how to drive a highly motivated team
- With a positive and constructive approach, you make sure your teams develop themselves. You help them to see the details without losing the bigger picture
- Even if your approach is also hands-on, your strategical mindset and helicopter view are helping you to work in a proactive way and to anticipate.
- As you lead by example, your communication style, your own work discipline, and your capacity to getting things done are impeccable
- Customers and colleagues adore you as you really understand their needs
- Experience in IoT/FD/Cloud Architecture and Solution Design is an asset
- You have a good practical knowledge of German and English
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Please note that we will also consider candidates from other locations if they are suitably qualified.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time