Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Medical Affairs Medical Director, Endocrinology (Endocrinologist).
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Medical Affairs
Medical Officer, you will be responsible for:
This position will be in the Medical and Clinical Affairs organization of Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics and responsible for contributing to the development, implementation, guidance and communication of the Medical Affairs strategy and activities related to medical sciences with a focus on endocrinology, with attention on early-stage liver disease. Contributing to a cross-functional medical strategy aligned with other internal key partners including Regulatory Affairs, Global Assay Development, Government & Policy, and Global Marketing this Medical Director will work with field Medical Science Liaison(s) (MSL) to identify areas of unmet clinical needs and to support key business needs for education, medical thought leadership, and clinical studies.
The Medical Officer will:
· Lead the identification of innovative clinical applications in the area of endocrinology and early-stage liver disease through the identification of unmet clinical needs with product strategies to address.
· Work within a Medical Affairs team comprised of board-certified Ph.D.’s and M.D.’s to provide clinical practice input for changes or improvements to existing products as well as the development of new products in the context of clinical acceptance and applications of standard patient care and state-of-the-art clinical use in the area of endocrinology.
· Serve as a consultant for Product Health Team(s) to provide medical input in context of medical prioritization regarding pre-market surveillance activities, using input from key opinion/thought leaders, as it relates to the practice of clinical medicine in the field of endocrinology, with attention to early-stage liver disease.
· Provide input to Regulatory Affairs and work closely with Clinical Affairs (Scientific Support) in the design and execution of efficient and robust registration strategies. Advise and guide on medical use to ensure the safety and effectiveness of products through regulatory submissions and clinical trial planning.
· Serve as a consultant to Clinical Marketing to ensure medical messaging is truthful, non-misleading, clear, validated and aligned with the organizations strategic positioning of Siemens Healthineers LD as the leader in diagnostics. Contribute to planning of educational opportunities related to medical use of laboratory diagnostic products, through identification of external thought leader participants.
· Develop a pipeline of strategic partners and key opinion/thought leaders during product development and continued support through the product life cycle for identification of unmet clinical needs and medical insights in the area of endocrinology and early-stage liver disease. Assess, prioritize, communicate insights from field MSL(s) to business, including assisting in development of advisory boards and collaborate with Government & Policy to provide thought leaders for medical topics and strategy input related to medical use of products.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
Competencies and Key Skills
- High ethical standards
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize own tasks as well as those of others
- High-level negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate clear messages from complex data/information
- External stakeholders engagement (incl. patient associations, collaborative groups, medical professional associations)
- Ability to work across functions throughout a global organization at all levels
- Ability to work effectively virtually in conducting internal and external business
M.D., M.D./Ph.D. in related areas. Practical experience in patient care and practicing clinical medicine as an endocrinologist with experience in clinical research required.
5+ years of successful experience in related field.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.