Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Within the America’s Digital Service Center (DSC) in Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) division, the Digital Services team works collaboratively with our building automation stakeholders to manage project delivery and employ data analytics at customer sites.
The Digital Service Specialist (DSS) supports Siemens Digitalization efforts to provide digital services to customers as part of contracted service for projects and / or service agreements across North America. The DSC is located in Austin, Texas and applicants will be asked to relocate.
- Collaborates across business units with stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and driving day-to-day implementation of our analytics strategy
- Leads projects in an environment where tools and processes consistently evolve
- Designs, coordinates, and implements analytical business and technology solutions to support audit and innovation initiatives.
- Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking & analytical skills.
- Works closely with internal portfolio and research & development stakeholders to document and prioritize feature enhancements, bugs or requirements.
- Domain specialist: serves as knowledge expert in support of Navigator during sales cycle: demonstrations, RFP responses, pricing, presentations.
- Interviews client stakeholders for desired dashboard requirements, gains consensus among stakeholders, reconciles against Navigator capabilities and documents design prior to construction.
- Performs setup support for Navigator and Fault Detection & Diagnostics (FDD) platforms
- Interfaces with Digital Service Engineers, Field Service Energy Engineers, Client Service Managers, Specialists and customers.
- Configures reports and dashboards on systems performance to pro-actively inform customer and Siemens field offices.
- Leads customer training and conducts client facing presentations
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to work in uncharted territory
- Creative problem solving
- Independent time management
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building systems, energy management or energy efficiency systems
- Bachelors or Associate degree in Electrical or Mech. Engineering and 3+ years of applied work experience
- 1+ years Business Intelligence software or analytics experience
- 1+ years Software as a Service experience
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
#LI-KS1 <p>Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration</p>
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.