This is a departmental support position that will directly support the execution of Kitting Processes within the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This role serves as Lead for a specific work area and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining key KPI’s within work area including daily Operations Checklist, Safety Audit Checklist and Operational Output.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required
- Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred
- Above average SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Above average warehouse experience (i.e. Shipping, Receiving, Cycle counting)
- 2-3 years of direct operations experience.
- 1-2 years of direct leadership experience
- 1-2 years of operating Blister Pack and Autobag Machines.
- Support Kitting Operations Supervisor with all operational activities
- Responsible for driving a safety mindset within the operation
- Responsible for operational output within assigned area
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Investigate and conduct in-depth research on all discrepancies and provide resolution to coordinator/supervisor/manager.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and multi-task
- Interacts with supervisor, coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues
- Report to Kitting Operations Supervisor when additional support is needed within work area
- Lead area stand-up meetings daily
- Openly and actively communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department.
- Perform communication daily regarding open issues regarding work in progress, defects, slotting activities, and ideas for improvements
- Actively provide feedback to Supervisors and Managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Ability to lead personnel within work area and perform production activities at a high level
- Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.