Solution Architect - Global Integrated Electrical Systems (IES) Customer Outcomes
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Wire Harness Solution Architect-SME will be a member of the Global Siemens ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions’ (IES) Customer Outcomes practice. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions.
The SME will work alongside colleagues and customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, ensuring a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio. You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools globally. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry, Automotive/Military Aerospace, and Marine domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- He/she is expected to have a deep understanding of electrical harness design and manufacture software and specifically the Siemens ‘Capital’ portfolio.
- The candidate is intended to be a senior expert in the implementation (services) of these products across one or more related industries/domains.
- The role requires a passion for helping customer achieve realized value, a vision for improving Siemen’s position in the Manufacturing Operations marketplace, a desire to increase our market share in industries that we serve, and a drive for continuously improving the processes that we use to achieve successful implementations and the willingness to travel globally.
- This role will report directly to the Global Practice Lead for IES Services. This Practice sits within the Global Customer Outcomes organization and will work extensively with the Zone IES Customer Outcomes delivery teams.
- Overall responsibility – This role is a Global Role related to the implementation of electrical harness design and manufacture solutions. In this role the resource will be involved in complex, strategic programs that span across Zones, and will be critical in enabling capacity.
- Support the adoption of our ‘Advantedge’ deployment methodology across IES Services globally
- Promote re-usable learning programs, knowledge transfer, and enablement
- Provide staff enablement in support of scaling and aligning capacity
- Provide best practices for global program pursuits and delivery
- Bill time in strategic projects as a Principal Solution Architect
- Support enablement through training delivery, mentoring, support, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- experience in the principles, practices and techniques of wire harness design and manufacturing processes, including understanding of key issues faced by customers.
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery. Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Strong background and experience of wire harness design tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organisations whilst maintaining a company-internal network of contacts
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with PLM tools - ideally Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience with CAD tools – ideally NX
- Knowledge of Electrical Embedded systems
- Michigan is a preferred state location but other Siemens locations may be considered
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.