Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Healthcare Solutions Sr. Consultant
The HCS Consultant role belongs to the Siemens Healthcare Consulting Solutions (HCS) Team, which consists of highly inspired and seasoned professionals that collaborate with our customers and sales partners to enable and support operational and workflow excellence, drive customer retention and loyalty, and elevate the customer experience. The HCS team contributes to the clinical laboratory by providing pre-sales consulting services geared towards positioning automation solutions as best fit solution for the customers through use of lean concepts, floor planning, laboratory redesign, simulation tools, change ad transition management as well post-sales solution assessment and process improvement consulting.
Primary responsibility to collaboratively work with the Siemens Healthineers Lab Solutions Specialists team, Health System Directors, field sales and support organizations, senior management, and respective hospital administrative and technical personnel as needed to:
- Conduct workflow analysis and provide recommendation for potential and existing customers for best fit solution configuration based on evidence and data
- Communicate the benefit, workflow improvement, and value monetization of the suggested proposal to laboratory personnel of all levels in a professional manner to assist in closing deals
- Provide in-depth system lifecycle Health Checks presentations to ensure that customer goals and KPIs have been achieved
- Be seen locally as the Siemens expert for process improvement in the laboratory using Lean and other methodologies.
- Provide internal and external education, both formally and informally on workflow efficiencies and optimization in the clinical laboratory
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- A thorough understanding of clinical laboratory workflow and operations
- Familiarity with Lean and/or Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Laboratory management and/or consulting experience ideal
- Excellent presentation skills and time management
- Demonstrated ability to apply process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability and/or aptitude to manage and drive change
- Ability to perform complex timing and motion studies, process mapping, root cause analysis, and other methods of data evaluation
- Experience and competency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in laboratory design utilizing AutoCAD or Visio is desirable
- Incumbent will receive a company vehicle; a clear driving record is critical
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience, certification may be required in some areas
Works on multiple projects from pre-sales activities through post-implementation support acting as a subject matter expert in workflow and process excellence. Performs analysis of customer's business requirements and technical objectives, including key performance indicators, and develops a technical solution to meet customer's needs. Defines customer’s current state and facilitates process reengineering utilizing best-demonstrated Lean practices for the future state compatible with the customized Siemens Healthineers LD solution. Provides post implementation workflow and process improvement support to the customer via the HCS healthcheck, utilizing system data from the Siemens solution in combination with observational data to measure and document improvements, identify gaps, and offer solutions/next steps toward continuous process improvement.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the medtech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://jobs.siemens-info.com/jobs
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.