Siemens Digital Grid are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Developer to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan! The successful candidate will be part of the R&D organization involved in the development of innovative SW applications using groundbreaking / cloud native technologies.
The Senior Developer will be responsible to develop high-quality software solutions. Identify, prioritize, and implement tasks in the software development lifecycle. S/he will also be requested to benchmark tools and applications by producing appropriate and documented proof of concepts. Eventually, s/he might be asked to mentor or supervise other team members.
The Smart Infrastructure Division from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.Want to know more?: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/smart-infrastructure.html Your Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the technical development of our Digital Grid core portfolio.
- Propose, take, and detail technical decisions based on functional and non-functional requirements according to the established architectural and design guidelines.
- Translate of software architecture into design and code and supervise the codebase lifecycle from versioning to release management (CI/CD)
- Working in an Agile Team mentoring and supporting coworkers in their learning journey about the technological stack and engineering solution.
- Follow technical developments and technological trends regarding software development supporting the benchmark of alternatives solutions to keep the products at the state of the art.
- a successfully completed university degree in computer science or a comparable qualification with professional experience over several years in the field of software architecture and design of sophisticated software systems.
- Working experience with Microservice based architecture ideally based on Java Spring Boot and Kubernetes.
- Experience with event-driven architecture, SQL and NoSQL-Databases, Geospatial data structure, Data streaming and Message brokers.
- Possible experience in GIS system and cartographic appliances (Visualization, 3D modelling, and alike)
- Ability to work in modern software development and infrastructure environments such as Git, GitLab, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with agile software development processes (e.g. SAFe, SCRUM).
- Capability to use the target group-oriented communication of sophisticated issues.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, crafting a work environment of diversity and inclusion which help us fully realize the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices (Smartworking) that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Siemens takes also care of its employees needs with Flexible Welfare Programs that can be extended to your family (Health Insurance, Shareholding Plans, Professional and Extraprofessional accident insurance).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
NOTE: For the new GDPR we manage only online applications in English, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time