Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Customer Service Engineer - Associate!
This is a role well suited to ambitious professionals, looking to start their career with a global leader in medical technology! As a Customer Service Engineer - Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Our Customer Service Engineer will perform service, preventative maintenance, and modifications on medical equipment at customer sites with minimal supervision
- You will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately
- For the best support of our customers, you will work a schedule that accommodates their practice. We offer enhanced shifting incentives dependent on start time and workdays.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
- You will receive three to six weeks of paid orientation to the industry and Siemens Healthineers at our beautiful Cary, NC Campus
- Professional Development courses and team assignments
- You will travel as needed to accompany and support customers during field rotations under the supervision of assigned mentors for up to six months
- Technical education in assigned modalities or product lines
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel and work schedule flexibility
- You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation
- Post onboarding you will be assigned to a geographic location based on business need (Relocation assistance available, as needed)
- Four levels of progression within the Technician positions. The possibility of career progression is expansive!
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
· Understanding of great customer service and communication skills
· Use remote support mixed reality tools when working with second level technical support
· Minimum Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience
· Knowledge/Education in testing, repairing, and maintaining medical equipment
· Electronics and computer background needed
· Previous experience servicing medical equipment is favorable
· Strong customer service and communication skills
· Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
· Valid driver's license and good driving record required
· Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
· Willingness to work different shifts and days of the week as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required
· Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography
We offer a competitive benefits package and many perks, including but not limited to:
· 4 weeks vacation (PTO) to start with 5 paid floater holidays pro-rated first year and 6 paid standard holidays
· 5% at target annual performance bonus (based on corporate performance)
· 100% match of your first 6% 401K (20% vesting of the matched amount each year)
· Corporate Vehicle - Fleet Program - You receive a new car ($45 per week cost to you) all inclusive of gas, tolls, service, insurance and more. You can use for business and personal usage. It is estimated to be a $15,000.00 annual value to our employee. Opt-out option available.
· There are other perks like “be well” reimbursement of $300/CY for health/fitness related items.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.