Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Siemens Qatar is hiring a Line Supervisor to be in charge of Tram Drivers activities on a daily basis ensuring rules and procedures are stringently followed to deliver safe and efficient operations. Liaise with various actors of operations in ensuring delivery on time and in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses the daily performance of the Tram Drivers and liaises with the Training Manager who will define the needs for additional or refresher training within the framework of QEC PMS competencies management system for Tram Drivers.
- Monitors and controls tram operations (delays, quality of service, etc.) on a daily basis in cooperation with the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC).
- Reacts on unexpected absence and performs drivers checks regarding uniforms and drugs policy.
- Monitors and checks the status of all equipment and facilities on the mainline and in stations and stops. Takes appropriate remedial actions when required and reports to the OMCC Controller.
- Assigned as Incident Manager, unless a higher manager takes over, and liaises with emergency services, OMCC and QEC PMS Executive Management.
- Conducts investigations upon request of the Operations Manager and OMCC Controllers in case of delays and/or incidents.
- Supports the operations department on request (may be requested to take over from a Tram Driver).
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits.
- Makes proposals for improvement of tram operations.
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports to ensure continuous development.
- Provides assistance during investigations and reports on all safety related events (degraded operations, incidents, accidents).
- Assists during T&C activities.
- Excellent command of English.
- Extensive experience in railway industry.
- Good leadership skills.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time