Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Medical Affairs Medical Officer, IMMULITE.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Medical Affairs Medical Officer,
IMMULITE, you will be
- Working within a Medical Affairs team comprised of board-certified Ph.D.’s and M.D.’s to provide clinical practice input for changes or improvements to existing IMMULITE products as well as the development of new products in the context of clinical acceptance and applications of standard care and state-of-the-art clinical use.
- Providing input to Regulatory Affairs and work closely with Clinical Affairs (Scientific Support) in the design and execution of efficient and robust registration strategies. Advise and guide on medical use to ensure the safety and effectiveness of products through regulatory submissions and clinical trial planning.
- Focusing on allergy, endocrinology, oncology, sepsis, and inflammation IMMULITE products.
- Providing input to global product support teams regarding product safety and effectiveness after commercialization.
- Serving as a consultant to Marketing to ensure medical messaging is truthful, non-misleading, clear, validated and aligned with the organizations strategic positioning of Siemens Healthineers LD as the leader in diagnostics.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have at least 3-5 years of practical experience in clinical pathology, such as serving as a medical/clinical laboratory director. Previous in vitro diagnostic experience is beneficial but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of general laboratory medicine best practices and regulations related to assay validation and clinical performance assessment, especially for immunoassays.
- As you will be representing our medical customers, knowledge of clinical risks and benefits related to immunoassay laboratory test result use and interpretation by clinicians.
- Experience with investigating and answering questions related to clinical laboratory immunoassay results in the context of clinical care.
- You have successfully worked in a setting requiring cross-functional communication and collaboration to accomplish common goals.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- M.D., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in related areas (ex. Clinical pathology, biochemistry, clinical chemistry). Board certification and ongoing accreditation by nationally and internationally known professional clinical and academic bodies such as ABCC, NRCC, CACB, RCP, ABP preferred.
- High ethical standards
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize own tasks and ability to work effectively virtually in conducting internal and external business
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate clear messages from complex data/information
- Ability to work across functions throughout a global organization at all levels
- Willing to travel up to 20%, as needed
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.