Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Industry, Inc. is looking for a Commissioning Specialist to ensure quality installations, configurations and operations of the building automation system. This position provides ongoing support at one of Siemens’ valued customer sites and requires a motivated, enthusiastic individual with strong organization skill, a positive attitude, and great attention to detail.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on all issues related to the cGMP, cGLP (current Good Manufacturing Practice, current Good Laboratory Practice) regulated customer.
- Acts as the technical liaison between the company and the customer, is involved in system installation, testing, verification and service support
- Defines, designs, plans, schedules and assists in execution of validation work, including but not limited to: Site Acceptance Tests and Validation Protocols
- Provides consultative services to internal and external customers regarding validation-related topics
- Supervises the execution of validation work by specialists and ensures that they are properly trained and qualified
- Coordinates work with the onsite Supervisor and customer to ensure cGMP requirements are met while project schedules and cost estimates are maintained. Assists in resolving project delays, changes and contractor disruptions
- Authors and secures customer approval on all validation-related documentation to include: Functional Requirement Specification, User Requirement Specifications, Software Design Specification, Validation Project Plan, Technical Evaluations, Initial System Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures, summary reports, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a technical field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Sufficient formal education and/or experience in a related field to gain an understanding of:
- Pharmaceutical processes and plant design
- cGMP principles documentation, practices and validation requirements
- Engineering fundamentals and HVAC concepts and operations
- Project design, programming, job startup, check-out and troubleshooting
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous, resourceful
- Ability to question and investigate, identify and troubleshoot issues
- Project management, coordination and organizational skills
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license with a clean MVR.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.