The Distribution Systems Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future.
Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid. Based on modular platform concepts all our systems are individually customized to meet customer specifications. With global competence we provide integrated solutions – from early consultancy via engineering to project management and all the way to installation and commissioning. Our broad service offering ranges from field service to consulting and training.
The Distribution Systems Business Unit in Wendell, North Carolina, which is its U.S. headquarters, focuses on electric-vehicle charging, photovoltaic inverters, medium-voltage power distribution equipment including packaging and services, and solutions, including automation. Additionally, assembly of electric-vehicle chargers, low-voltage motor control centers, and retrofit and replacement circuit breakers occurs at the facility
The objective of the MV AIS (Medium Voltage Air Insulted Switchgear) Mechanical Engineer is to manage the Technical expectations of the project amongst the stake holders involved. This consists in ensuring that the end result of the switchgear or motor control center design is in accordance to the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand of customer requirements that have impact on the mechanical configuration of the switchgear.
- Confirm that the requirements listed by the Project Engineer and the Customer are included in the agreed scope of supply.
- Review the pre-determined configuration generated during the approval and pre-engineering stages of the project. Identify which additional mechanical configurations are needed for the completion of the project.
- Execute the assigned “Design to Order” tasks. This will include the development of new 3D mechanical designs required for a respective project.
- Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
- Complete the assigned “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Manage the list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project. Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Provide support and feedback as needed to the Siemens MV AIS R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
- BS in Engineering (prefer Mechanical).
- Knowledge of 3D engineering design
- 3+ years experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies in 3D software ( Solidworks, Creo, Unigraphics/NX,etc.). NX is preferred.
- 1+ year experience of sheet metal 3D modeling
- 1+ year experience with Autocad
- 1+ year Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle), SAP preferred.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Considered a plus but not mandatory:
- A Master’s Degree is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of mechanical or power systems.
- Experience in design and development of medium voltage power distribution equipment.
- Experience in manufacturing, quality or test areas.
- Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.