With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Technology works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. Technology conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. Technology also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
The Siemens incubator for electrification develops the next generation of smart grid applications and digital platforms. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We are looking for a dedicated individual that wants to be part of the team that re-defines how smart grid technologies are developed and used. You will work closely with other software and hardware engineers in a start-up type environment backed up by the substantial resources of a large-scale company.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the digital transition of companies from Portugal to the world. There are more than 1200 professionals working in Cybersecurity, Analytics Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Infrastructure Management. Check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
We are a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a groundbreaking role.
Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society? Join us!
What role will you play?
- Be a part of a dynamic team supporting several projects on a variety of technologies
- Implement, maintain and support a Kubernetes microservice architecture
- Manage software packages and scripts
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines in GitLab
- Work with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Work with one or more languages such as Python, NodeJS, Go and Java Spring and Spring-boot
We are looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Kubernetes microservices architecture
- Exposure to CI/CD engines (GitLab CI/CD, or the very least, Travis)
- Knowledge of NPM, NVM and PyPi for package management
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- BASH skills (nice to have)
- Powershell skills (nice to have)
- Fluency in English
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.