Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Senior Services Engineer to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The role is based in Hebburn. As a team we have a brilliant flexible working policy and encourage working remotely when appropriate, however, this role will require frequent travel for customer site work. The position will be reporting to the Principal Engineer/Team Lead.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Work under the guidance of the Team Lead in all areas of applications.
• Leading in detailed design and delivery of technical solutions, in accordance with relevant technical standards.
• Customer Support with Technical Queries.
• Attend customer sites for SAT testing/investigating and rectifying faults.
• Scheme design for protection solutions.
• Leading projects in design and Factory Acceptance Testing with customers.
• Supporting colleagues in other areas of the business, such as Tendering and Sales.
• Supporting junior members of the team on smaller projects.
• Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
We are looking for super minds with the following experience:
Have an advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- Product details/key features of Protection relays used within the industry, for example, Siprotec 5 and Reyrolle relay families or similar from other vendors.
- Tendering support and specifying suitable protection relays for customer solutions.
- Configuration and testing of protection relays and producing accompanying test documentation.
- Professional knowledge in the customer segment (TNO, DNO, Industry) and have technical delivery experience.
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent standard of IT literacy – especially Word, Visio and Excel.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time