Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Solutions Engineer to join the Energy & Performance Services Business Unit. This is an unrivaled opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this new business field through co-creating new technical solutions with customers and partners.
Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is spearheading the SI growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute project covering a variety of technologies such as BEMS, HVAC, Lighting, IoT connectivity, Solar PV, CHP, storage, micro grids, and manufacturing process-related equipment. In addition, we also offer services to help customer to efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint. Over the next years we have a high growth ambition and are therefore looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
Change the future with us.
Key to this role will be to develop, design and deliver the most appropriate solutions for supply (on-site generation) and demand side (energy efficiency) optimization projects, including technical feasibility, the assurance of appropriate supply chain, and the development of risk management measures.
You will get involved with site audits, technical solution design, cost calculations, savings calculations, development of specs for subcontractors, developments of baseline, measurement and verification concepts etc. The role will require travel throughout the UK and be flexible for home-based working or a local Siemens office can be accessed.
- Engage with the people, understand the challenges, energy usage and patterns, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy, compare the design to what is being used and upon delivering a detailed facility audit, to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs).
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS described above.
- Assists sales in alignment with the sales person, in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Leads in the development of preliminary and final performance contract proposals. Analyzes blue prints and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
- Full ownership of design and solution from idea to contract including site audits, cost calculations, design and specifications, sub-contractor procurement and measurement and verification.
- Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
- Ensure service development process including internal partner management and handover from to service or project fulfillment.
- Active monitoring for new trends and solutions in the market to improve the offerings.
What you need to make real what matters.
Excellent interpersonal skills, good work ethic, being team and customer orientated and taking a flexible approach to working will be key to this opportunity, as is:
· Experience in solution design, specifications, project implementation/execution, subcontractor negotiations in the areas of HVAC, energy generation/storage and industrial process related equipment/assets > 3-5 years
- Experience with plant and control optimisation
- Knowledge of EN15232 and EU BAC standards are requirements
- Certified Energy Manager / CMVP qualification is an advantage
- Having experience with a Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, and technologies and how to redesign existing systems to become more efficient
- Ability to calculate the effect of system adjustments or exchange of equipment in combination with field experience, i.e. practical use of ventilation, heating, cooling, lighting, heat recovery etc.
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
- Civil engineering with electrical or electronics engineering background with experience in energy efficiency project and services
- Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
- Proven record of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong requirement
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time