Who we are | Our culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What does the Senior Software Developer – Digital Services do, you ask?
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join a team that is creating cloud-based solutions to provide insights into ‘smart’ buildings and their underlying control systems. You will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products and solutions to support the service segment of the commercial HVAC market. Your creativity in finding software solutions to a diverse set of business challenges can change our industry!
- Analysis, design, and implementation of AWS Cloud-based services
- Development of applications, tools, and utilities to improve efficiency of service offerings
- Implementation of unit tests and infrastructure deployment templates for your code
- Documentation of design and code
- Participation in scrum events – daily stand-up, sprint review, demo, retrospective
- Communicating with product management and members from other teams about interfaces and dependencies
- Possess solid working knowledge and demonstrated practical experience applying the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services- Use of multiple AWS 'Platform' (vs. Infrastructure) services to create solutions
- AWS Serverless - Solution design and implementation through AWS Lambda functions of medium to high complexity
- Web Services - Create back-end services exposing RESTful APIs
- Node.js – Client and Server-side development including package management
- Docker - Solution implementation using orchestrated containers
- OAuth2, Auth0, secure coding - Good understanding and integration of multiple authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures for product and solution development and deployment at scale.
- Typically, 5-10 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- For US-based candidates, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Demonstrated competency implementing solutions with the following technologies:
- TypeScript, .NET Core, and Java programming languages
- Deployment through IAC mechanisms, such as AWS CloudFormation and CDK
- Full-Stack development
- Graph, Time-series, and NoSQL database development.
- Streaming Data processing.
- Experience transferring data between remote embedded devices and the cloud (IoT)
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
- Applicable AWS Certifications
Join us! Together we can build a better future for our world.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.