Mission of Function:
• To manage, promote and drive the process automation product portfolio into the local market via
Direct sales and sales channels.
• Create product and system awareness in the market by using of marketing, events and
technical training to internal and external customers.
• Analyze competitors and report back findings to PD PA management and HQ.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
• Awareness - plan, manage and drive the PD PA product portfolio as an entrepreneur
• Build product promotion plan for identified markets, applications and customers.
• Plan and implement product roll out / launch systematic as standard process (ready for
roll out in other countries)
• Setup reference customers and publish reference stories
• Monitor markets and analyze competitors
• Monitor and report market needs and developments for relevant product portfolios
• Build-up and maintain close and regular contact to lead customers per product group
• Transfer know how
• Workout and demonstrate unique-selling-points to internal technical and sales team and
to contracted partners as well to End Customers and contractors
• Conduct standard trainings and product workshops
• Cover regular Sitrain training for complete product range
• Sales Support in Pre- and After-sales
• Support Account Managers during the selling process and assist to spec-in product and
unique selling points.
• Assist to escalate after sales issues to HQ
• Launch new products and follow up the process
• Keep close cooperation with the other PD PA product managers.
• Delivers professional presentations to diverse audiences
• Effectively drives groups towards an objective and motivates for actions
• Adapts presentations to different audiences (structure, degree of details, etc.)
• Uses PowerPoint and other presentation tools with ease.
• Siemens IT tools knowledge
• Effectively leverages the relevant CRM Tools for selling success
• Inputs data and extracts reports from company-wide sales and CRM tools
• Understands and uses effectively LoA tools.
• Siemens corporate tools, systems and processes
• Displays ownership of the entire CRM Sell Process within his/her organization
• Knows all relevant tools, systems, and processes and knows when to leverage them
for best sales results.
• Contributes to developing and improving these tools, systems and processes.
• Effectively promotes and fosters cross-selling throughout the organization.
• Understands and appreciates differences in cultural backgrounds, norms, practices
• Demonstrates awareness, flexibility and respect when interacting with others.
• (English/local) language skills:
• Possesses business proficiency in English (speak, write, read, and understand on a
business adequate level).
• Possesses business proficiency in the relevant local language (speak, write, read,
and understand on a business adequate level).
• At least 5 years of experience in the business development and operational sales of industrial
automation related business in the industry sector. Product and application know how of
Industry Automation and instrumentation
• At least 5 years of experience in channel & direct sales for process instrumentation
• Good relationship with system integrators and EPC
• Strong personality and ability to deal with different cultures