Do you want to help transform the way people travel? At Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems our aim is to improve the quality of life and shape the mobility world for the next generation.
Join us here at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems as an Installation Supervisor in Enfield. As part of the role, you will supervise and undertake all new Civils / Installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure, Attending Traffic Management meetings, scheduling program of works, works plans, dealing with subcontractors / customers, ensuring equipment is available and ordered and checking of SAP for costs. You will also be Responsible for organising and scheduling installation activities and have first line management responsibility for Installation employees.
The ideal candidate is someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis.
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the Enfield area.
What are your responsibilities
- Installation of camera and electric vehicle charger civil engineering requirements, ancillary equipment and/ or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete quality audits
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for ensuring site inductions are undertaken
- Key contact for customer for queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Monitor absence for team, conducting return to work conversations. Escalate when triggers are reached
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Responsible for organising activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising
them wherever possible
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
The Installation Supervisor (You)
Your great technical skills coupled with your self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability to a continuously changing business environment will be key to this role. You will move from one activity or work area to another quickly and effectively, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily.
- You will be qualified with an electrical engineering qualification to a HNC / ONC / City and Guilds equivalent
- Have experience in highways related installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Leading, guiding, mentoring and Supervising teams including experience of managing sub-contractors on site
- IT - familiarity with Microsoft packages
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale
- Able to manage a number of complex tasks, staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Working outside and working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Must hold full UK Driving License
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time