The organization, Digital Industry Information Technology Digital Sales Platform Application Management US Services. The focus of the position is to perform functional and non-functional testing of IT solutions using manual and automated software testing techniques for their manufacturing digital transformation needs. You will do this in close collaboration with our consultants and business analysts, routinely engaging in writing your own requirements and stories as a Business Analyst would.
In today’s challenging environment, customers in manufacturing seek ways to further improve operational efficiency, to optimize production cycles or processes, and ultimately drive stronger business outcomes.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join Siemens Digital Industries, the company that offers the broadest digital portfolio across products, solutions, and services in the manufacturing industry.
As an IT Applications Tester, you will be responsible for:
· Identifies and recommends the functional testing processes and tools
· Defines, recommends and/or implements test automation strategies including roadmaps, tools, frameworks & approaches across project teams
· Participates in design and architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions across project teams
· Provides maintenance to test scripts, test plans and regression portfolios
· Provides maintenance to the test automation framework
· Plan and coordinate the test strategy, test plan and regression
· Analyzes pro-actively current processes and practices as well as suggests and drives improvements. Also, defines and gives support to processes if needed
· Supports customer in the translation of identified needs into business requirements/user stories
· Understand business requirements/user stories and may work with the development and/or automation architecture to translate requirements into testable IT solutions
· Participating in projects and apply specific knowledge of products, services, and solutions within your functional or industry area of expertise
· Understand and review strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains
· Achieve and maintain high standards of performance, responsiveness, and effectiveness with respect to systems and resources used in the conduct of Siemens business
· Acts as subject matter expert for Software testing standards, processes, methodologies and tools
· Experience with implementing operations technology and enterprise integration architectures in manufacturing.
· Experience with cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, SAP Cloud
· Strong understanding of advanced manufacturing technology, including digital and big data (e.g., Smart Factory, IoT, Industry 4.0) as they apply to industrial verticals
· Liaison with Siemens internal team, 3rd Party Data Center Provider, and end users
· Participate and collaborate with stakeholders and other Service Delivery Organizations (3rd Parties and other Siemens organizations) as required to appropriately maintain the system according to the agreed upon service levels.
· Ability to test and interface with SaaS services with custom developed applications within the ebusiness landscape and it’s interfaces
· Possess a skillset and have a deep understanding of the entire ebusiness platform and all it’s interfaces including SAP modules to provide testing activities
· Executes and/or organizes relevant testing skills
· Performs testing on functional or technical changes
· Tests programs and procedures for safeguarding data/information security and safety
· Develops necessary testing skills in order to fulfill business requirements
· Assists in 2nd-level user help desk activities as required for understanding testing qualities
· 8+ years of overall professional experience
· Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred, high school degree and equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
· This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.