Do you want to learn how to integrate renewable energy and other emerging technologies in the electric grid? Here at Siemens, we have a development internship opportunity that will help foster your expertise in this industry to contribute to the advancement of our business and the customers we have the privilege to serve!
Siemens Power Technology Industries is seeking an electrical engineering intern to assist in renewable energy integration projects and related activities for clients such as power producers, independent system operators, and transmission providers to develop solutions for a zero carbon future . We service clients in the following territories: Houston, Schenectady, NY, Minnetonka, Minnesota, Fairfax, VA, Foster City, California.
Potential experiences include
- Application of power systems planning principles
- Technical data management in assistance to renewable energy interconnection requests
- Develop mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks,
- Produce draft reports and presentations with study results for the review of supervisors
What you can expect to gain from this internship opportunity?
- Understanding of the concepts behind solutions involving emerging technologies such as battery storage, hydrogen, etc
- Understanding of transmission planning concepts in the context of a low carbon regulatory requirement
- Get proficiency in the main grid simulation software tools utilized in today’s industry
Who should apply?
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS or Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Majors: Electrical Engineering degree
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Familiarity with power system analysis tools and calculations is preferred
- Programming skills are preferred
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits offered during this internship
Personal and Professional Development training
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.