Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Development of On/Off and Control Valve Specifications
- Valves sizing and preparation of datasheets including steam conditioning valves.
- Preparation of Technical Purchase Specifications, Technical Queries and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- P&ID checking for correctness of system and material requirements
- MTO Processing & Evaluation,
Documentation and Record Keeping, Ability to check and review the work done by other team members
- Assures that quality control procedures are enforced for assigned work.
- Able to work in a team environment across multiple offices and work sites and demonstrate effective communication.
- Develops project standards for valves as needed with minimum supervision.
- Independently plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work in the control valve area.
- Preparation and administration of multiple project material requisitions for valve commodities.
- Participate in the supplier continuous improvement team programs
- Travel as required to international site, vendor facilities, and client offices to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
- Has good knowledge of Code for Pressure Piping, ASME 31.1, ASME B16.34, ASTM/ASME Materials, ANSI, API standards & other reputed codes for valves design and applies these requirements on projects
- Ability to liase and participate in Factory Acceptance Tests at several International Supplier’s locations
- Sound knowledge of valve design and manufacturing processes would be an added advantage
- Special knowledge in Bypass stations, PRDS, Attemperators, Spray induced valves would be an added advantage
- Ability to prepare Valve BOQs, perform Design Review and interface between Design and Manufacturers (or Aggregators) is required on a day to day basis
Your profile and experience
- BE/BTech/ MTech in Mechanical Engineering with ability to work independently.
- 8 to 10 years experience in Process/Mechanical Engineering holding individual contributor/Team Leader role
- Prior experience in Combined cycle Power Plants
- Knowledge of HRSG, Steam & Water cycle or Cooling Water cycle
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time