Siemens Mobility has been recognised for being ahead of its time for many reasons. Leading the invention and worldwide engineering of intelligent, IoT-driven transportation systems transforming the horizon is one. However, our progressive policies and approach to work are just as impressive.
Diversity is more than a word at Siemens. Throughout recent history, we’ve passionately pursued it, believed in it and proven it to be the key to world-class innovation. Difference in thoughts and personalities are every bit as vital as harnessing a variety of skills – as is bringing together talent from all over the world. Frankly, in a male-saturated industry, that’s why we’re a go-to destination for female engineers and why we have doubled the number of women on our leadership team in the past ten years.
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Bid Accountant to support tenders and business development opportunities in our Customer Services Rail Infrastructure (CS RI) entity. You will play a critical role in the development of the bid and be seen as the expert regarding estimates, finance and commercial issues. You will report to the CS RI Senior Commercial Manager and will be an integral part of the bid team and CS RI, working with people across the business in the UK.
This is your role
- Production of robust and accurate financial tender approval documents and all required tender financial models
- Management of the estimating process, defining estimate templates, collating responses and consolidating into a single estimate database
- Working with the bid team to produce value adding analysis of the estimates to understand the competitive position of the bid and to ensure estimates are complete
- Management of all financial inputs to the tendering process, including foreign currency risk, inflation risk, credit risk assessments, Project cashflow, Finance related terms and conditions
- Ensuring visibility of all key project risks and issues, and that these are properly reflected in the risk register
- Ensuring a clear understanding of any technology development requirements and their funding
- Presentation of the key financial aspects to senior management in the business including up to Siemens Division
- Accurate management of bid budgets and ensuring Siemens policies and are suitably followed
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Qualified Accountant ACMA/ACA or equivalent with post qualification experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including modelling and analysis techniques
- Experience of working in a complex engineering contracting or manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
- Excellent Communication skills
- Availability for occasional travel within UK/Europe
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time