This position is responsible to support all countries in the ASEAN region in promoting Automation Solutions under the Siemens Building Products Portfolio. The regional manager is responsible for the achievement of the profit and volume targets for the Automation portfolio.
The role will entail the following:
- Drive the improvement of Siemens BP's market position in ASEAN region and set up a profitable and balanced business structure
- Define the regional strategy and its implementation in close alignment with the Regional BU head as well as country heads
- Manage the Business Development activities, portfolio management and business performance metrics with the regional adjustments required for each country.
- Prioritize, translate and adapt, in cooperation with the BU head, the strategic and operational actions to the specific needs and capabilities of each country
- Strengthen partner communication and interaction in close co-ordination with the technical support team including trainings and certification, newsletters, webinars and other marketing activities
- Support internal and external communication for all ASEAN countries
- Assess regional coverage and drive the expansion of the partner network to cover white-spots in the market
- Identify and drive strategic topics with HQ including portfolio positioning, benchmarking, gap analysis and new product roll-outs
- Manage and assist country organization on sales activity to ensure higher hit rates and improved sales productivity
- Assist regional team on identifying, evaluating and on-boarding new partners
- Closely co-ordinate with HQ teams to align on new product launches, and co-ordinate launch plans in the region
- Specially in the initial 12 months, expected to drive sales locally in Malaysia as well in co-ordination with the local team
- Building automation solutions including a range of integration software, automation controllers and field devices
- Lighting control solutions based on KNX
- Specialized solutions for Lifesciences and Healthcare, as well as the OEM business
- Cloud based software and IoT solutions
What do I Need to qualify for the role?
- You will need a strong fundamental understanding of the Building Automation space, and have had a wide exposure to products, systems and solutions in the field
- You will have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the building industry or associated areas with significant experience in the ASEAN region (or a region with similar characteristics)
- You should have the aptitide for continuously learning new technology and be able to assimilate new ideas and concepts to grow the business (e.g. IoT and cloud based solutions, wireless techologies, edge devices, workplace tech)
- You have the ability to take a larger view and understand how different systems interconnect and can be integrated to derive value for our customers
- You have the ability to draw on your experiences to craft strategies which are geared towards growth, and are at the same time practical and implementable in our complex region
- You are comfortable working in a matrixed organization and digesting information from HQ - to present to the region in a clear and simple manner
- You have a sales edge - looking for ways to differentiate and relentlessly pushing boundaries to grow our topline in a sustainable manner
- You are hands on and practical and willing to involve yourself deeply in the sales process with your colleagues to win new customers and accounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time