The intercompany Business Development Manager is responsible for driving intercompany business for Electrical Products (EP) to other Siemens Businesses in the United States. This position will have a supportive role for SII EP for affiliate business’ outside of US. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and will be adept at navigating all layers of the Siemens EP organization. This includes but is not limited to the business unit, ﬁnance, the sales organization, and all internal Siemens Business (Intercompany Business, ICB), including Siemens Energy for internal Siemens to Siemens sales. The successful candidate will own and drive the overall business development strategy for ICB and Siemens Energy. This is an Internal Business Unit business development position, delivering sales expertise, market expertise, and support for EP (primarily Circuit Protection & Control products) for ICB and Siemens Energy in the United States, with limited affiliate support globally.
Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do:
• Pre Order Technical Support
• Creating and leading technical workshops
• Expanding the Customer Base
• Drives outbound marketing activities. Designs action plans for their implementation and coordinates activities of various stakeholders.
• Develops and implements a unit-wide sales plan, working with EP Profit Centers and executes that plan.
• Contributes to product development by providing requirements, specifications, target pricing, messaging, and sales volume commitments.
• Contributes to the development marketing strategy and product marketing plans in cooperation key stakeholders.
• Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
• Develop new sales opportunities and expand the existing customer base.
• Provide expert level strategic presentations to influence mind share and drive tactical sales activities.
• Launch and promote both new and existing products to Siemens Business.
• Negotiate approvals and implement business justified investments to EP’s wallet within Siemens Intercompany Business and affiliates.
• Provide high-level product knowledge with recommendations for optimized overall solutions
• Make formal and justified pricing recommendations to convert business from competitors.
• Support, identify, create, and maintain tools, programs, and materials including, but not limited to product demonstration material, success stories, selling guides, and online content.
• Provide feedback and reporting to BU on sales performance, pipeline, market insights, and competitors.
What you will need:
• Electrical or Industrial Engineer
• Strong Understanding of Electrical Products Portfolio both technically and commercially.
• Extensive use of know-how to solve highly complex problems. Changes existing ways and approaches in an innovative manner to achieve higher business impact. Valued and recognized as a specialist within Siemens in respective field and internally seen as trusted advisor.
• Minimum of seven years’ experience within the industrial electrical industry.
• Strong understanding of Siemens operations, engineering, and ﬁnance.
• In depth understanding of the Siemens EP product portfolio.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
• Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO
- Training along with career development
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.