We are looking for an experienced Electronic Test Engineer to work as part of our successful team in our manufacturing facility in Poole.
What are my responsibilities?
- Production batch testing of equipment identifying faulty items as appropriate
- Make recommendations for throughput improvements of such tests
- Preparation for, and test of electronic equipment in accordance with specifications
- Recognise faults in equipment on test and initiate corrective action, recording faults and reporting as necessary
- Keep a written record of test results as required, use specific software for data recording and traceability
- Identify faulty equipment using ATE or similar test equipment
- Recognise faults on test equipment, initiate action for repair
- Use computer based test equipment and diagnostic software programmes
- Test equipment using special test aids devised and built by others
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- The role will require verbal communication both within the team and within Operations
- Assist the department manager and other members of the team in the development of the Cell
- The role will require you to develop good working relationships with colleagues in Operations
- The position requires the ability to use your own initiative but largely you will be supervised and have priorities set by the department manager or your colleagues
- You will be expected to work with your manager and colleagues in understanding the department’s objectives & deadlines
- The role holder will need to immediately identify situations where a trend of failures occurs
- May need to liaise with other engineers to improve efficiency of testing
- Will be required to fault find to sub-assembly level
- The position will necessitate working in a team for specific projects
- The ability to integrate and work with the wider team to achieve the department aims is essential
- There is a requirement of the position to keep written records of test results if required to do so
- Assist where required in internal & external process & quality audits if required
- Have a positive attitude to health and safety issues suggesting improvements to reduce risks
- May be required to work at customer’s premises on occasions
- Assist customer representatives during acceptance tests when required
- Working knowledge of current MS office applications
- Ability to use the Materials Management System will be required after appropriate training
- Use of specific computer based test equipment and department specific databases will be required
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time