Job Description: SAP Service Operator
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
- As a solution operator (f/m/d) in the SAP environment, you manage day to day operations, including second and third level support – ensuring stability and integrity of services and systems
- The operator ensures global end-to-end application service process management with focus on service operation for a service and manages the operational interface to Service Providers
- Orchestrates the close collaboration of internal and external service providers to ensure service quality
- Reports service performance to Service Manager and proposes measures for continuous improvement
What do I bring with me?
- The cornerstone of your professional success is a degree in IT, informatics or business informatics. Alternatively, you can show a comparable training in conjunction with corresponding additional qualifications.
- You also have several years of professional experience in the field of SAP system administration. With such background you are familiar with system operation and monitoring, performance tuning, change and transport system, user administration, job scheduling, software installation, error handling or other
- Additional knowledge in the area of SAP databases such as Oracle, SAP HANA or MaxDB and basic operating system skills for Windows and Linux would be appreciated.
- Ours system have to operated under the higest security standards. Experience with SAP related information security, certificates, authentication procedures is essential.
- With your communication and presentation skills, you can present technical issues in a clear and comprehensible way, even at management level.
- As important as the work itself is the proper documentation of all system related processes to guarantee detailed and compliant process description which are the basic input to regular audits
- Willingness of 6-8 weeks of training in Europe
- If you also have a fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), you are welcome to join us in the team!
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time