- Shaping and driving (research) projects in the context of industrial connectivity, with focus on programmable networks, network management and control, orchestration of heterogenous networks, and constrained-latency and reliable communication.
- Close interaction and cooperation with colleagues in many different domains and with all Siemens businesses: Digital Industry, Smart Infrastructure, Mobility, Healthineers, Energy.
- Researching novel connectivity designs, generating intellectual property, and realizing proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Definition, setup, and contribution to funded research projects.
- Selection and supervision of students and PhD students.
- Profound knowledge in networking standards, protocols and architectures.
- Deep technological expertise in (industrial) communication and networking technologies, such as Time Sensitive Networking, Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization.
- Proficient with security concepts, secure communication, network segmentation techniques, authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Solid overview of existing solutions in the market on solutions for realization of zero trust principles, e. g. PEP/PDP (Policy Enforcement Point / Policy Decision Point), micro segmentation approaches, etc.
- Intensive Hands-on experience with virtualization techniques, docker containers, VMs , etc. and their connectivity, especially for linux based systems.
- Software engineering, testing, and integration experience in (non-)production setups.
- Good knowledge of at least one system language (e.g., C, C++, and/or Java) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python).
- PhD in Informatics, Computer Science or Communications Engineering
- Additional background in security aspects or AI/ML techniques
- Full time position, A-class office in the city center
- Corporate trainings
- Corporate medical insurance
- Fitness compensation
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time