Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.Together, we create technologies that take society further
For more about us, check out this link.
We are currently looking for a Software & Firmware Architect to join our Veloce(R) X-STEP(TM) R&D Team on a permanent contract based in Oulu, Finland
The role is to develop the software and firmware architecture for the Veloce X-STEP products and related integrations with other Veloce products in collaboration with other architects and lead developers of Siemens EDA worldwide and to develop the associated software and firmware components.What role will you play?
As an expert in application development and solution architecture, you'll work closely with implementation teams and product management team and partners within multiple projects.
You will be the go-to person in helping Lead Developers and Product Managers/Owners understand how the features should be designed and how Veloce X-STEP platform can be applied to implement testing solutions. Planning integrations and code re-use with other software products is part of the job.What are your responsibilities?
- Study new feature requests, and maintain architecture designs and help to define work effort estimates.
- Support and coach our Application Engineers and customers on the full product life cycle of X-STEP Products
- Guide development teams in designing and implementing Veloce X-STEP technical architectures
- Provide knowledge expertise on all aspects of the Veloce X-STEP products: development, methodology, architecture principles etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to help customers find the right solution (not the obvious one)
- Able to communicate well with all levels, from Developers, Application Engineer and Technical Marketing Engineers to Managers and other Architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Mathematics or a similar information technology - related field
- Proven experience in software development
- Able to explain technical subjects to non-technical people
- RTL and HLS design
- FPGA and software integration
- Embedded systems (high speed serial interfaces, serial interfaces, clock, memory
- Software development (C, C++, python)
- Telecom (3G, 4G, 5G)
- Fluent in English
We are looking for candidate who can work with an open, collaborative and positive attitude. Yu will need to have the ability to work in diverse environments (multi-cultural/multi-country/geographically distributed teams). Does this sound like you, if yes please apply!We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Oy
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time