Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit covers comprehensive solutions ranging from software to automation needed to construct the smart grids of today. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let’s talk!
We seek a professional PMI certified Project Manager with a solid track record of leading external complex large scale Grid Control and Energy Market Management projects preferably in the utility/energy sector (Transmission and Distribution).
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, implement, and finalize projects according to scope, timeline and budget. This includes directing resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will also define the project’s objectives, participate in project planning during and after the sales cycle and coordinate quality control throughout its life cycle.Responsibilities
- Define project scope, goals and results that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management and stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope to increase success and minimize risk to the customer and the company
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements for the contracted scope of the project(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents.
- Apply Siemens project process and management principles at all aspects of project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and partners in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project partners on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and raise to management as needed.
- Maintain the relationship with the client.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Where required, work with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicting interests within the project team.
- Identify and oversee project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project landmarks and results.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify Successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- 5 + years of Project Management experience with large systems in the utility industry
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, electrical engineer, or power systems engineer
- PMI certified
- Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Excellent client-facing and internal presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Expertise in the energy/utility industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- 25% travel is required
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
There is an opportunity for this to be a remote position.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.