What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Get started on an exciting career in the electric mobility market!
Siemens eMobility® solutions & services shaping the market with innovative Electric Vehicle charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens, eMobility solutions & services, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can be part of our and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions & services from PlugtoGridTM include AC and DC chargers, grid expansion, Smart Building integration, renewable energy and associated services deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems.Siemens Smart Infrastructure
This Field Proposal Manager position will focus on the Central United States, supporting Siemens Branch and Area Sales management with eMobility expertise and proposal management required for team selling in the field.
This position will work closely with the Head of eMobility and Business Develop Manager and other Siemens business units and organizations like Construction, Industrial, Vertical Markets, Enterprise, Energy Performance Services.
This role will report directly to the Head of eMobility and will be based, in a major metropolitan area. As the eMobility grows additional Field Proposal Managers will be added to the organization.
The primary responsibility of the Field Proposal Manager is to complete sales estimates and provide application engineering for eMobility projects including project take-offs, specification interpretation and associated activities.
- Estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams
- Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains eMobility and infrastructure engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams
- Collaborates with Auto/Fire/Sec, ES Sales and CoC, SI FG and DES and for large opportunities
- Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and supplier product information
- Completes site walks with sales, operations and project managers, to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards
- Prepares price estimates and proposal for eMobility projects by product, installation and services. Creates scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software, leads project proposals through LOA management approval
- Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible. Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/supplier costs.
- Acts as external liaison for between customer, general contractors, sub-contractors and trades people as needed
- Develops and maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services by direct interaction with all our key manufacturing sites, conducts training events, national conference training sessions
- Rolls out and promotes eMobility marketing initiatives and programs in Branch and Area Sales management
- Monitors and leverages local eMobility incentive programs as enabler for Branch and Area Sales management
- Develops into eMobility subject matter experts, maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services. stays abreast and educates others on new product and/or service information
- Facilitates project closure meetings between sales and operations organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- 5+ years technical background in pre-sales, estimating, and design of electrical services and solutions required
- Expert knowledge and broad engineering, applicable code environment, understanding of power distribution systems and services
- Experience in cloud communications, networking, eMobility, Power Monitoring
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations
- Ability and Knowledge to train others on product applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customer
- Ability to travel 50%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- E-Mobility knowledge
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS product/project experience for competitive and alternative views.
- Working knowledge of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Technology preferred; however, a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered. Certification may be required in some areas
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.