If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
At Building Products Connected Devices our Motto is: We make devices simpler, smarter, more connected and more sustainable in buildings globally for our customers and society.
The worldwide Internet of Things market is fast growing and offers many business opportunities. As one of the major building automation and smart buildings player we aim for a leading position in these future market segments. Our competence center for IoT is in Zug, Switzerland. Our colleagues in the Headquarters work in close collaboration with our global clients and stakeholders. We look for an entrepreneurial thinking and self-starter personality coming from the world of IoT to work as a Product Manager for IoT Devices.
Join us to work at the forefront of IoT Technology!
- Responsibility for developing IoT product and solution strategies, this in close collaboration with the team lead of this department - a person that will give you a lot of entrepreneurial freedom and encouragement yet will challenge you as well in the coming years
- Determine IoT use cases based on understanding of customer needs and pain points to realize new IoT product ideas. Guide, develop and execute IoT business models with adequate hardware, pricing and software support and deliver a superior customer experience
- Manage the product lifecycle from initial concept to go-to-market and customer care
- Accelerate our growth by contributing to our next generation platform. Lead detailed, clear business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-department with other global product management teams (e.g. sensor, metering, thermostat, lighting control, etc.), as well the cloud software team
- As an ongoing task, proactively identify new business opportunities in the commercial and residential building market to enhance energy savings, space utilization and occupant performance. You are always up to date when it comes to IoT within the Building Industry.
- Act as the IoT product and solution expert and technical interface between R&D, marketing, external suppliers, regional companies, and other function teams.
What you bring alongKnowledge / experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, ideally combined with further economic studies like an MBA
- As a must have, we look for a person with a track record of digital product management within the space of IoT or Smart Devices. To understand Data Driven Devices is a crucial aspect of this role
- Candidates with high potential bring along a clearly visible entrepreneurial drive. You worked in a dynamic company culture or worked in a fast-paced field of business before. Being adept to create business plans, you worked on use cases in the past
- Experience bringing to market at least one hardware product and understanding of wireless networks, IoT devices and end-to-end IoT solutions
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, ambiguous work environment intersecting cross functional teams. Strong international collaboration & leadership proficiencies are essential in this role
- A winning personality, able to collaborate and communicate effectively in global teams and exercise influence in intercultural environments, stakeholders including all hierarchical levels
- The ability to analyze complex situations and communicate your ideas in a concise and convincing manner. You are also able to work on tight deadlines and endure phases of high workload
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Video Siemens in Zug
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time