What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Get started on an exciting career in the electric mobility market!
Siemens eMobility® solutions & services shaping the market with innovative Electric Vehicle charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens, eMobility solutions & services , we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can be part of our and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions & services from PlugtoGridTM include AC and DC chargers, grid expansion, Smart Building integration, renewable energy and associated services deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems.
This Business Development Manager position will focus on the Central United States by developing and uncovering sales opportunities with Siemens Branch and Area Sales management through relationships with fleet customers, city & government and end users.
This position will work closely with other Siemens business units and organizations like Construction, Industrial, Vertical Markets, Enterprise, Energy Performance Services.
This role will report directly to the Head of eMobility and will be based in a major metropolitan area.
- Engage with the various Siemens cross divisional businesses to roll out strategic plans for eMobility growth to Branch and Area Sales management
- Provide expert electrical services knowledge to guide and manage Branch and Area Sales management, take active role in on-site training, customer site visits, end-user presentation
- Engage and leverage national industry associations, professional organization and affiliations, establish Siemens RSS RAM as thought leader in eMobility
- Develops and maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services by direct interaction with all our key manufacturing sites, conducts training events, national conference training sessions
- Engages and supports the buildup of Field Proposal Manager competence in Solutions, Services, Technology and eMobility market knowledge
- Monitors, communicates and leverages local, state and federal eMobility incentive programs as enabler for Branch and Area Sales management
- Supports Branch and Area Sales management with face-to-face strategic planning, in depth account plans and forecasting
- Consistently follows up on executed projects to gauge and drive best in class approval ratings from RSS RAM E-Mobility customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- 5-10 years’ experience in business development and sales in electrical power distribution equipment
- Experience in cloud communications, networking, eMobility, Power Monitoring
- Experience in selling a portfolio from initial layout to final closure of the project
- A commitment to develop, drive and close projects in a highly competitive, fast pace, eMobility market
- Ability to provide leadership in devising strategy and sales plans to win
- Ability to develop targeted account plan and drive the implementation
- Ability to listen to clients, extrapolate relevant data, and generate a winning strategy
- Strong inclination towards personal development, coaching and mentoring to develop collaborative/supportive working environment
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customer
- Ability to travel 50%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- E-Mobility experience
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS product/project experience for competitive and alternative views.
- Working knowledge of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and protection.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. Certification may be required in some areas.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.