Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Manager of Strategic Planning
Siemens Healthineers is hiring a Manager of Strategic and Portfolio Planning. The incumbent will work closely with the Strategic and Portfolio Planning team to develop, communicate and track implementation of the overall Healthcare strategy, spanning topics in portfolio management, M&A, technology innovation, and business operations.
This a highly visible role within Siemens Healthineers that requires top-notch presentation and communication skills, strong executive presence and keen strategic intuition. The role functions as a key interface between the Siemens Healthineers Corporate organization and its Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions and facilitates alignment of the Siemens Healthineers corporate strategy with the business and commercial strategies. The selected candidate will play a leadership role in managing a corporate-wide process for the development, execution, and regular tracking of business and commercial strategies and milestone achievement. The selected candidate will also assist the Strategic and Portfolio Planning team in completing special projects across Siemens Healthineers to inform decision making for the Healthineers Managing Board and Managing Team. The role will also support portfolio strategy development and execution through the identification and realization of new growth opportunities in cross-business, adjacent and white space markets through organic investment, venturing and/or M&A.
Specific Responsibilities of the Manager of Strategic Planning are
· Supports in formulation of overall Healthineers Corporate strategy as well as Business Area, Business Horizontal and Commercial Strategy, including go-to-market strategy, product strategy, technology strategy, adjacency/white space analysis and competitive analysis
· Provides key input and insight into the analysis of strategic opportunities and challenges for Siemens Healthineers in collaboration with colleagues across the Strategy department
· Interfaces with the Business Area, Business Horizontal and Region Strategy and Business Development teams to assess the strategic fit of external M&A candidates and technology opportunities
· Collaborates with counterparts in the Business Area, Business Horizontal and Region Strategy and Business Development teams to drive strategy formulation and strategic alignment
· Supports execution of the annual corporate strategic planning process while coordinating the inputs with counterparts within the Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions
· Performs complex analysis of existing strategy and performance of the Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions and provides recommendations for improvements
· Develops strategy communication materials for executive presentations targeting different stakeholder groups
Specific Requirements of the Director of Strategic Planning are
· Strong understanding of healthcare market landscape and the dynamics of the medical device, imaging and/or in-vitro diagnostics industry
· Comprehensive background in strategy development and implementation within the healthcare industry capabilities and skillsets
· Experience in project management exhibited by the ability to lead multiple project workstreams involving several functions in a matrixed organization
· Strong conceptual problem-solving skills exhibited by the ability to approach complex, ambiguous business problems and formulate pathways towards a solution from first principles
· Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills
· High degree of flexibility exhibited in a “can do" attitude
· High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
Education and experience
· Undergraduate Degree and post Graduate Degree (MBA) is required
· 1-3 years of post-MBA experience from a strategy consulting firm is required
· 1-3 years of Strategic Marketing / Upstream Marketing experience within the medical device, imaging and/or in-vitro diagnostics industry is preferred
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.