Research Engineer Additive Manufacturing
based in Leuven (BE)
Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with a proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical, and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system engineering for noise, vibration, durability, and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications.
We are a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is looking for a Research Engineer in Additive Manufacturing to join our team of specialized engineers focused on setting up and executing collaborative research projects with the goal to create new methods and prototype tools that will help in Siemens’s effort to industrialize Additive Manufacturing.
Your main task as Research Engineer within the Additive Manufacturing team will be:
- to analyze and interpret physical phenomena relevant to the process of Additive Manufacturing and develop numerical models to simulate them, with special focus on the metal microstructure work together with other teams on the validated modelling
- of such phenomena, enabling a successful transfer of the technology into new simulation software products
You will participate in defining, steering and executing the R&D technology roadmap, embracing collaborations and leveraging on core technologies and scoping for/defining new R&D project opportunities both at European and National level.
Background & Education
- PhD in Engineering (or Master with equivalent industrial experience) with focus on Material Science, Scientific Computing or Additive Manufacturing
- Modelling of metal microstructure
- Experience with Cellular Automata method is a plus
- Experience in modelling process-structure-property relationships is a plus
- Experience with CAE tools is a plus (e.g. Finite Element Analysis)
- Experienced in MATLAB or Python
- Knowledge of OO programing and C++ is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
We are looking for an analytical team player with a flexible mind-set and someone who does not shy away from a challenge.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time