Siemens Mobility is a global leader in electrical engineering and electronics. By uniting leading-edge technology and the expertise of talented people, Siemens is able to bring to market the most comprehensive range of new ideas and innovations for Rail Vehicles. Siemens Rolling Stock focuses on the design, systems integration and manufacturing of light rail vehicles, locomotives, coaches and trainsets.
Siemens Rolling Stock is seeking an Assistant Project Manager.
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will support the responsible Project Manager in executing Rolling Stock projects ranging from $25M to $250+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The APM will be a key participant during the project execution and is responsible for various work packages within the main project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include directing resources in a matrix structured organization, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The APM will have communication to internal and external stakeholders for aspects related to the assigned working packages of the project. This position reports functionally to the Vice President of Passenger Coaches and operationally to the Project Manager. The APM will be responsible for sub-projects over time with a growth potential as Associate Project Manager and Project Manager.
· Assists the Project Manager with the planning and execution of all operation goals and tasks established for the project.
· Proactively manage the assigned working packages such as contractual deliverables, document control and participates in design meetings with the customer.
· Leads internal meetings and tracks action items with internal stakeholders for the assigned working packages.
· Supports the Project Manager in customer meetings and negotiations for changes in scope, cost and schedule and takes minutes of the meeting with action items.
· Supports the Project Manager to monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
· Effectively communicate and manage work package and sub-project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Support the Project Manger to develop and maintain customer relationships.
· Supports the Project Manger to develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
· Supports the Project Manger to identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team.
· Support customer sales channel activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Education: High school diploma or GED required.
· Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
· Strong desire to learn Project Management responsibilities
· Ability to manage multiple activities in an exciting fast paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: Bachelor’ degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent.
· Technical experience in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering is preferred
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.