Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to College for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a Level 3 qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a pioneer like Yunex Traffic, a Siemens business.
Here at Yunex Traffic we want to make mobility safer, more efficient, and more sustainable with forward-looking infrastructure and transport solutions. Yunex Traffic develops innovative mobility ecosystems and services for the smart city. This combines freedom of movement with limited space; autonomy with safety; climate targets with value creation; quality of life with digital progress.
We are recruiting school and college leavers to join our technical manufacturing apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Engineering and IT.
Part of being an apprentice at Yunex means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the engineering fitter standard or something similar.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You are likely to spend your first year in college studying towards your Foundation and knowledge qualifications, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the rest of your time on a rotational placement within manufacturing. This will involve production, assembly areas printed circuit boards and cabinets. You will also begin your workplace-based competence qualification.
- Year 3: In year three you’ll continue to spend your time on a rotational placement within the rest of the business. This will involve production, assembly areas printed circuit boards and cabinets. You will also begin your workplace-based competence qualification.
- Year 4: In year four you will continue your rotational placement with a 3-month specialisation period. You will continue your academic qualifications during this period. You will also complete the end point assessment requirements and transition into a permanent role within the business
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, are willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You work independently, safely and responsibly; taking ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovation, Excellence and Responsibility. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- You should be IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office packages
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and English language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
The benefits of a Technical Manufacturing apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining one of Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Technical Manufacturing. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Yunex Traffic recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time