Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do:
The role of Lighting Panelboard Product Manager will be responsible for leading product management activities for the Lighting Panelboard Product Line: managing the product roadmap, pricing structure, collateral and Speedfax, marketing, and overall PLM activities for the P1, P2, P3 panelboards and associated products. This role will lead profitability and revenue growth, pricing and cost initiatives, 3VA circuit breaker integration, unassembled panelboard programs, and future enhancements to the Lighting Panelboard product line.
***Candidate will have the ability to work from home 2-3 days a week but willl need to be located in one of the three locations listed - Spartanburg, South Carolina, Pomona, California or Peachtree Corners, Georgia.***
The suitable candidate will have knowledge of the overall electrical apparatus market and its products, the integration of components (such as molded case circuit breaker, breaker strap kits) into the apparatus categories that they are responsible for. Lastly the candidate will have a good working knowledge of the 3VA MCCB and how it is to be integrated into Panelboards related products.
What you will need:
1. Bachelors Degree – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (preferred). Years of experience in the related field will also be considered as an alternative to technical mechanical or electrical degree. A business or marketing degree is also acceptable if there are relevant years of experience in the electrical industry (minimum 4-6 years) to understand the products sold by Siemens Electrical Products Business Unit.
2. Panelboard / Molded Case Circuit Breaker (required).
3. Knowledge of Siemens PLM process (or general project management experience)
4. Sales and marketing experience with organization and execution in the following areas: literature creation, video or Brainshark creation, participation in tradeshows and experience calling on customers (preferred).
5. Knowledge of the electrical distribution sales channel, in particular go to market strategies in both the simple and complex apparatus markets.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (required)
7. Technical Support or Customer Service experience (preferred)
8. Knowledge of Siemens SI EP COMPAS tool and visual Data analytics tools such as Tableau (preferred)
9. Project management experience related to working with cross-functional teams (preferred).
10. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Job Family Responsibilities:
The role will be responsible for product management of the Lighting Panelboard product line. Travel will make up 20% of this candidate’s time. This candidate will be responsible for the roadmap and PLM execution of Lighting Panelboard projects, including but not limited to, portfolio strategy, project definition, business case development, project execution with applicable peers and stakeholders, market launch of new products, identification and execution of phase-out activities, training (internal and external), and configurator knowledge base review. The successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for revenue and profit development of the product line.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of the electrical distribution market (low voltage apparatus). Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of associated with low voltage apparatus projects business is preferred. Demonstrates knowledge of how to successfully identify a customer requirement, define the requirement and implement it through the Siemens PLM process. Preferred 4-6 years or greater of successful experience in related field. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Key Working Relationships:
This candidate will be an immediate member of the SI EP SYS product management team (reporting to the Manager, Apparatus Product Management). They will work closely with EP Operations across the Lighting Panelboard manufacturing plants. They will also work closely with the EP Product Development Engineering team on product development and COMPAS / MAP teams for configuration and pricing activities. Externally, strong relationships with both EP business development team and SI Sales Team will be important.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.