Siemens Large Drive Applications (LDA) in New Kensington, PA, is the leader in low and medium voltage Variable Frequency Drives technology. The Quality team at Siemens LDA ensures effective implementation of the design development, manufacture, test, and field support for VFD products with focus on product safety, quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be a leader on the Supplier Quality team. Success in this role involves build positive relationships with the suppliers and all internal partners.Responsibilities
- Work closely with Engineering, Purchasing and suppliers to establish new product qualification criteria and define, support, and execute supplier quality plans and first article inspections (FAI).
- Collaborate with Engineering and review requirements with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are clearly understood. Validate that any engineering deviations and substitutions are approved and detailed.
- Lead global multi-functional teams to analyze supplier internal or field failures using 8D approach to identify the root cause, develop containment actions, and take permanent corrective action.
- Supervise production, field failures, and customer complaint data to identify root causes of supplier related failures and nonconformities.
- Work with suppliers to further develop process and craft Failure-Modes-and-Effects-Analysis (FMEA) and process control plans.
- Maintain and analyze supplier key performance indicators and cost of poor-quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external supplier failure costs.
- Drive supplier actions to verify product and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need to incoming inspection activities.
- Conduct audits at supplier sites to qualify the supplier’s management system and manufacturing capabilities. Provide risk analysis and mitigation plans to address any gaps.
- Verify documentation, critical dimensions, and other characteristics of sophisticated parts at supplier's location using various precision measuring equipment, checklists, standards, procedures, and engineering documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement with management and lessons learned across the suppliers.
- Improve and optimize the Supplier Quality Management (SQM) processes to be more efficient and effective.
- Lead and drive the development of training material and provide mentorship on SQM processes.
- Conduct internal audits and self-assessments according to defined guidelines of Siemen’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
- BS in Engineering or related subject area. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- 5 +years of experience as a quality engineer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supplier quality engineer role. ASQ certification preferred.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills. Consistent track record in working with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
- Highly proficient in reading and understanding mechanical/electrical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Validated knowledge of corrective action/problem-solving methodology, including 8D methodology.
- Sophisticated knowledge and experience in performing supplier quality system and process audits.
- Proficiency with quality management systems and standards
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical information with others at all organizations, suppliers, and customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%. Travel may include domestic and international multi-day trips.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.