Export Control and Customs Manager
Do you want to join a business that puts its people at the forefront of all we do, an agile, innovative business that is leading the way in traffic solutions? Come and join us at Yunex Traffic (a Siemens Business).
Yunex Traffic are currently recruiting for an experienced Export Control and Customs Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the compliance of export controls and customs processes for our Manufacturing site in Poole, as well as advising on / implementing export controls and customs clearance processes in the company.
As well as ensuring a legally compliant approach for day-to-day business, you will have the opportunity to create sustainable import and export concepts for the future. You will provide advise to our local and European business partners regarding the flow of goods, documents and information that is required to optimise the cost and time of export controls and customs processes, whilst at the same time providing assurance on governance matters - providing support on customs and foreign trade matters generally, as well as export control matters for products.
Key responsibilities: -
- Assurance: ensuring a legally compliant and economic implementation of customs and foreign trade regulations and processes in the UK, as well as compliance with export controls according to German, European and US law for the business areas in the field of responsibility
- Support and participation in securing the authorization as 'Authorized Economic Operator' as well as all authorizations issued by customs to simplify procedures based on associated work and organizational instructions, including the implementation and documentation of random samples, as well as reviews and audits
- Processing of internal project tasks to support the operative business as well as improving and optimising customs-side and export control-side processes and procedure, whilst at the same time ensuring full legal compliance
- Providing project and day-to-day business advice for business partners nationally and internationally on customs and foreign trade and export control issues and requirements in the context of projects (major projects, plant relocations, E2E customs processes, granting of preferences, etc.) and in day-to-day business.
- Providing approvals within operational processes critical to export control (allocation of 3rd position of the AWV indicator)
- Evaluation and approval of semi-annual reports on the use of "general permits"
- Item-related delivery releases including assignment of control records
- Monitoring of authorization requirements
- Support with contract management and export control declarations
- Assurance: a proper preference handling (national / international / EU) within the scope of the business
- Consistent identification of potential cost savings and synergies in the areas of responsibility
- Functional customs interface to the service providers used (national)
- Preparation and participation in the implementation of internal export control, customs and foreign trade law training (e.g., logistics, purchasing, service / sales, project management, etc.) if necessary
- Coordinated preparation with the line manager (e.g., evaluations, procurement of information), support and follow-up of officially ordered customs and foreign trade audits (e.g., AEO, import processing, preferences, export procedures, etc.) as well as internal reviews or audits.
- Support with and/or initiate the creation of internal export control and customs regulations (work and organizational instructions) for internal use and implementation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of the legal areas of export control, customs, and foreign trade as well as knowledge of the operational implementation of import and export processing in procedures and processes
- Good knowledge of the legal field of export control and US export control and its implementation in operations
- Export Control and Customs knowledge in the areas of customs and foreign trade law
- A good working knowledge of the product range of the units in the area of responsibility (if new to the organization a working knowledge of similar products would be advantageous)
- An output based working approach including proactive task tracking
- Competent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to operate in accordance with the company's ownership culture approach
- Ability to independently communicate with the customs and foreign trade authorities in UK, and if necessary, also outside UK
In addition to the professional / technical background described above, the job holder should be
familiar with the practical implementation of export controls and customs processes in day-to-day business. They should be able to apply these processes and implement the regulations independently and responsibly.
They should be confident in communicating with colleagues and external authorities and ensure friendly, prompt, and professional communications in response to enquiries from colleagues and / or other stakeholders
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Yunex Traffic. We have offices across the UK and worldwide, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow. We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Yunex Traffic (Siemens Business). Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time