The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
About the role
The growth of our Technical Promoter / Consultant roles is an essential strategic investment in our business. Working together with the Sales Team, this technical expert role will be responsible for communicating with customers for product and systems value and differentiators, preparing and executing Relay Protection, Control, Monitoring and Automation product and system demonstrations to the Power Utilities (IoUs, PoUs, Muni’s and Coops) across Generation Transmission and Distribution segments. This role will develop, drive and prescribe innovative Protection, Control, Monitoring and Automation solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the SIPROTEC and SICAM Product Brands with the end goal of having the product in the engineering and approval standards of the Utilities.
Key Strategic aspects of the Job Function
- Bringing Thought Leadership in day-to-day engagement with the Utility segment to share the value propositions associated with the Siemens Products and System
- Driving approvals of the SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio and associated applications in the engineering and approval standards of Key Utilities to assigned region
- Promoting standard Conventional Protection and Substation Automation Products Direct from Utilities or Channels , but leveraging futuristic technologies like Digital Substation technologies, Electromagnetic Pulse Mitigation and Cloud based IoT Solutions
- Application expertise with solutions related to Siemens EA products, including power management, load shedding, interfacing with generation controls, communications protocols, network topologies, IEC 61850.
Key Operational Aspects of the Job Function
- Fostering Collaboration with the Utilities Sales Teams and the Energy Automation Product and System Business Developers in the assigned region
- Enabling Sales to build opportunity pipeline for products and systems by enhancing the specification activity with Utilities to get the product in the standards
- Supporting Sales with expert level engagement in Utilities to qualify leads into RFQs and order income
- Training and knowledge enhancement to engineering and protection managers in the Utilities and their associated Channels (Panel Builders, EPCs. Engineering consultants)
- First point of contact for the Utilities and Sales in the assigned region for all application related questions – prompt responsiveness to ensure high NPS for assigned region
- Representing Siemens in Various conferences and forums to create brand affinity ( via White Papers, Journals or addressing forums )
- Day to day support to Siemens Reps in the assigned region for expert engagement with Munis/ Coops and IoUs
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering / Power Systems
- 5 + years of Core Protection and Automation experience in Commissioning, Business Development, Projects with a strong endeavor to influence customers with technology
- Strong customer service and building positive relationship skills, with prior direct customer experience
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with soft skills on Microsoft office packages
- Flexibility to travel up to 50 % with full discretion to plan customer interface and travel schedules depending on regional demand
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Applicant should be a permanent resident or a citizen of USA
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.