Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Stockroom Supervisor with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will support Russelectric’s daily stockroom operations. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help a great sales and manufacturing organization become even better!
Your stockroom expertise will help this manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Lead and supervise stockroom team members, providing frequent coaching and performance management.
- Play a key role in mandatory inventory reviews on an as-needed basis.
- Provide daily updates and solutions to Operations, Order Management, Field Service teams—as well as to other internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Perform daily procedures for receiving, inspecting, filing, and releasing purchased items for production jobs.
- Lead the requisition part fulfilment, bin, transactional system maintenance, and final delivery to work center(s).
- Other duties include:
- Freight shipping responsibilities
- Small parcel shipment of sales orders (Domestic and International)
- Kanban replenish and fulfillment
- Receipt processing
- Sorting, transacting, restocking of items from suppliers
- Manage and monitor stock level movement for over inventory and outage avoidance
- Cycle counting
- Stock transfer orders
- Annual physical inventory
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Successful experience as a Stockroom (Production Inventory) Supervisor in manufacturing or distribution environment with a proven safety record required
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- Ability to travel 5%
- Previous experience or education in the areas of Supply Chain Management and customer support with a demonstrable understanding of business operational activities; manufacturing experience preferred
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP systems (SAP preferred) as well as manual processes experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to read prints dimensions layouts etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Experience operating a forklift, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment required (forklift certification preferred)
- Experience as a hands-on working team member in a busy and diversified working environment (this is an on-the-floor supervisor, working alongside the team)
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Ability to level-load resources and adjust to daily needs
- Lean manufacturing training certification preferred
- Ability to work as needed weekday overtime and weekends, and to meet month-end requirements
- Interpersonal skills that allow for goal accomplishment when working with different business teams are required to be successful in this role
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.