Here at Siemens Digital Industries Software we are looking for an Application Support Engineer, who will be part of the Global Customer Support & Success team, providing Product Support and Help Desk Services for Manufacturing Operation Management software solutions (MES/Shopfloor Applications). The position will be based in Genova, Italy.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Schedule calls and workload by determining & prioritizing the impact a software defect is having at a customer's site;
- Assess software performance and determine satisfaction of the correct design intent;
- Regularly exercise discretion and judgment during customer consultations to decide whether issue is a Problem Report;
- Coordinates with customer teams (engineers and managers) to develop or enhance complex computer-aided engineering design or manufacturing processes;
- Use computer-aided systems to assist and instruct customer engineers on large scale, complex design and tooling tasks involving multiple design environments;
- Instruct other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of large scale, complex graphical application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms;
- Define business and technical feedback to software and hardware vendors;
- Manage advanced data exchange methodologies to facilitate effective data sharing between dissimilar systems or applications that span across engineering disciplines;
- Provide technical guidance to customer engineers in the application of design techniques and system procedures related to computer-aided engineering software;
- Work with general or limited supervision on complex projects.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- At least 2 years of Working experience in a Technical Support role;
- Very good/excellent English (written and spoken);
- Strong communication skills and experience as Customer interface (including reporting and presentation skills);
- Good IT skills are strongly appreciated;
- On-call availability and sporadic on-site support sessions at Customer's sites.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management standard know-how;
- IT infrastructure analysis and troubleshooting (HW, network, Virtualization);
- SQL Server/Oracle administration/performance tuning;
- .Net/C#, Java, HTML5 coding/debugging;
- Know-how about Siemens MOM Products as well as industrial automation, regulations, and processes.
What else do you need to know?
Siemens Industry Software SRL, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division, is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for product lifecycle management and the management of production processes with over 15 million licensed users and more than 140,000 customers all over the world. Siemens Software, headquartered in Plano, Texas, provides industrial software solutions in close cooperation with its customers. They support companies in turning decisive innovations into reality and thus achieving a sustainable competitive advantage. When it comes to the future of industry, there is no getting around us. Find out more here: www.sw.siemens.com.
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities. As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Working at Siemens Digital Industries Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time