Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Material Control? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Working in Siemens Mobility within the Central Materials Control Team, as Materials Controller, responsible for Ordering and Orderbook Management for UK Rail Fleets.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Material Control.
- Creation of Master Data Management (Transactional).
- Consumable/Repairable Order conversion and acknowledgement processing (including Modifications, Campaigns, Overhauls).
- Scrap and obsolescence initiation.
- Repair outcome management.
- Daily Fleet updates for USD’s (unsatisfied demands).
- Expediting to ensure visibility of order status for internal customers
- Processing Receipt Discrepancy and Invoice Queries
- Supporting supplier meetings / arranging supplier calls as required
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Materials/Logistics/Supply Chain related degree
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme
will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of material control. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time