Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the incumbent will use positive leadership to coordinate the activities of the Receiving and Shipping Department in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Supervisor will actively supervise, manage, and solve problems within their work team. They will apply the provisions contained in the collective agreement while managing work attendance and ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Demonstrate leadership to improve occupational health and safety by implementing the best processes and regulatory compliance;
- Coordinate the activities of the Shipping and Receiving department while supervising the assigned employees (unionized and non-unionized);
- Coordinate and monitor receipts and shipments while ensuring deadline compliance and data accuracy;
- Coordinate transportation to and from the factory;
- Coordinate cyclical and periodic inventory counts;
- Manage supply flows to and from our external sites according to production requirements;
- Monitor incoming/outgoing inventory movements in collaboration with other departments in the factory;
- Act as factory superuser for the SAP Warehouse Management (WM) and Sales and Distribution (SD) modules;
- Properly manage human and material resources to ensure financial performance and the successful achievement of departmental and corporate objectives;
- Promote the continuous improvement of procedures and processes within the department and the company.
What will you need to succeed?
- College degree in Logistics or Management, or any field related to manufacturing;
- Five years experience in a similar position or in personnel management;
- Different but equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Solid and demonstrated experience in occupational health and safety improvements;
- Able to demonstrate rigour, resourcefulness, initiative, and determination;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to maintain good relationships with employees and strong problem solving skills;
- Able to work in a team while demonstrating a collaborative mindset and strong priority management skills;
- Experience in a unionized work environment an asset;
- Knowledge of the Office Suite and SAP (primarily SD and WM);
- Excellent knowledge of French (spoken and written);
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.