Head of Power System Consultancy
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens Consultancy Business.
We are a collection of over 280,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. From strategic advisory to technical consulting and state-of the art simulation software solutions: Siemens Power Technologies International (Siemens PTI) offers a holistic approach to mastering the technical and economic challenges of todays and future energy systems.
We’re looking for a Head of Power System Consultancy with the skills and vision to provide strategy, technical direction, organisation and planning quality, as well as ongoing leadership for Siemens PTI.
Location: The role is based in our UK offices or home based with travel across the U.K, Ireland and across other parts of the world.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.This is your role. What part will you play
Job responsibilities will include to lead a strong team of power system consultants for the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behaviour, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
As Head of Power System Consulting team, you will be required to:
Coach, manage, motivate and develop the consulting team to the highest standards.
- Thought Leadership –Provide thought leadership to the industry on power system studies, modelling, long term development plan, energy strategy and regulatory advisory.
- Business Development - Establish PTI UK as preferred partner for power utility, infrastructure sector and industrial customers regarding consulting and software related to power systems planning, analysis and development
- Technical – Proficient in the delivery and execution of complex technical projects in their field of expertise.
- Operational Performance - Manage the operational performance of the consulting project delivery teams to achieve or better business area margin and EBIT targets
- Training Services - Delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services and undertake techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers.
- Grid Simulation Software –Provide technical sales support for the Siemens Grid simulation software suit
- Early engagement – Provide early engagement support to Siemens wide businesses to position Siemens in our markets.
We are looking for superheroes, not super minds
You will be passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry, with exposure with the UK / Ireland regulatory framework, Grid Codes and System Operation.
Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS SINCAL, PSS NETOMAC, PSS E, PSASP, CAPE, MATLAB, Plexos, Antares or comparable tools.
Previous working experience with either Transmission System Operators/Owners and/or Distribution System Operators/Owners.
A proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management is a must, whilst a passion for coaching, development and life-long learning is a must!
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
When it comes to future-proof energy system, infrastructure or industrial power supply in today’s complex and changing energy environment, sound advice from power system experts is essential. Siemens has a legacy of world renowned engineering experience and innovative software and technologies. Our customers rely on the leading knowledge and global experience of the Siemens PTI energy and power system consulting experts. You will become one of the key ingredients of this community where you will have the freedom to expand your horizon.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/siemens the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time