During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic. “At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
Looking for Siemens EDA ambassadors
The Applications Engineer is a technical specialist who works directly with engineers at semiconductor companies, helping them to apply Siemens EDA software in their circuit design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth with strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by Siemens EDA products.
The Applications Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. The Applications Engineer must also work closely with Siemens EDA account teams to help them execute strategic account plans. Success involves collaborating with multiple partners, including sales, marketing, and R&D, in order to achieve efficient business results.
We are seeking an Applications Engineer for Siemens EDA’s IP validation tools. These industry-leading tools check consistency and validate data formats (frontend and backend) used in design, meaningfully improving the quality of IP being delivered (be it a standard-cell library, IO library, memory block, analog block, custom design, etc.).
- Work together with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to understand their challenges and help them use our products to solve those challenges
- Illustrate the value of Siemens EDA products to customers by assisting them in product evaluations; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; and performing benchmark comparisons
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support, including tracking and presenting status of enhancement requests and bug fixes
- Work closely with R&D team to address customer feedback and requests
- Contribute towards the product technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status
- Bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or similar field with relevant experience between 3-12 years
- Be proficient working in a Linux environment, from command-line terminal
- Proficient in programming and scripting languages (one or more of: Python [preferred], Perl, Tcl, Shell-based)
- Being familiar with OOP is a plus
- Familiar with IP macro and/or std-cell design flows, including some of the typical associated file formats: Verilog, Liberty, LEF, GDS, SPICE, SPF, OpenAccess, etc.
- Be proactive, independent, and quick-adapting for fast-shifting priorities
- Has phenomenal communication skills (both written and verbal)
This role will be based in Seoul, Korea. You will visit customers and drive business engagements, working with multiple teams to impact the rapid technological growth of today and tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation (Korea) LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time