Siemens is looking for an Application Engineer to be hired with a permanent contract for the Bologna area. He / She will be in charge of the technical support on Production Machines in the Automation Industry sector in Italy.
The new colleague will take care of supporting customers during the different phases of development of the application, especially training of our Motion Control products, software development, digital simulation, testing and commissioning,
The Digital Industry Division aims to provide its customers with a comprehensive portfolio of hardware and software products which enable the integration of data from the use of artificial intelligence and edge computing through to the factory and process automation.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
What will you handle in the short term?
- Technical support, develop and test software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design of Motion Control Device.
- Technical presentation and training of our products.
- Understand customers' applications in order to convert the application's needs into Motion Control specification.
- Collaborate with sales force to obtain the best technical solutions on Motion Control.
- After Sales Technical Support.
And what about the medium-long term?
- You can approach various branches of Motion Control & System Application such as, Packaging, Handling, Converting.
- You can expand your application expertise by approaching complex automation systems, by a new Digitalization concept to approaching software design and development.
Who are we looking for?A candidate with the following features:
- Experienced in the design, development, and installation of automatic machines with preference in the Packaging sectors.
- Validated experience with technique of Motion Control, PLC and High Level languages ST - C and C# would be a plus.
- Graduate Degree, Bachelor's Three Years or equivalent Technical Diploma in Automation Engineering;
- Available to frequent business trips on national level, and sometimes also international.
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Strong orientation to reach targets and to customer orientation, initiative and autonomy.
- Great teammate and proven track record to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately connect with internal and external customers;
- Digital and Growth approach.
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are recognized;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Health insurance and Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal paid by the company;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Car and fuel card.
What else do you have to know
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time