Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) is looking for an Application Engineer for their Peachtree Corners, Georgia location. The Application Engineer will specialize in post-sales support focusing on the residential product portfolio of electronic miniature circuit breakers for the Electrical Products Business Unit of Smart Infrastructure.
The primary focus will be failure diagnostics of electronic miniature circuit breakers. This will be done via remote support, analysis of returned circuit breakers and troubleshooting on customer's site. The candidate must be able to coordinate and lead diagnostic activities independently. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and internal departments. In this role the Application Engineer will work closely together with R&D, Product Management, Technical Assistance and the Siemens Sales Engineers.
The Engineer will work closely together with R&D to incorporate the findings from the failure diagnostics in the advancement of our AFCI and GFCI circuit breakers offering. In addition, the Application Engineer will support R&D with troubleshooting new products, both in the field and in the lab. This includes design verification and test of new products.
A successful engineer will have a strong educational background in electrical engineering, have experience with circuit breakers and electrical installation. The application engineer must be able to develop customer relationships, be accurate and detail oriented while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple people, calls and projects demanding attention and time. Candidate must also have the willingness to travel extensively in the US and work the hours needed on job sites to complete the tasks at hand.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
What you need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
2. 3-6 years of electrical knowledge; technical understanding/aptitude for low voltage products.
3. Knowledge of the electrical distribution sales channel.
4. Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Must be process and detail oriented.
8. Must be available to travel within North America and internationally, 30% travel is required.
9. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Not required but would set you apart from the pack:
1. Understanding of NEC and UL Standards is preferred.
2. Technical Support experience is preferred.
3. Experience meeting FCC requirements for radiated and conducted emissions including development of countermeasures for residential applications, not required but would be a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.