Service Desk Analyst - has two components:
Service Desk responsibilities – Staff for a 24x7x365 Service Desk. Service Desk Analysts need to be good problem solvers who are genuinely interested in helping people. Because much of our work is done over the telephone, chat and via email, excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Patience, tact and the ability to handle pressure are important along with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Data Center responsibilities - Provides on-site data center support and monitoring in the Milford, OH location utilizing established processes and procedures. Monitoring the network, applications, internal web sites and peripheral equipment. At times this requires researching error conditions and alerting Service owners of outages. Generally providing Level 1 Support while maintaining necessary operating records. This is an entry level position however we expect successful candidates will be competent in most phases of computer operations. Operates under close to moderate supervision.
- Provide first line support to Internal Customers for service desk issues, including without limitation, fulfilling hardware and software support requests via phone, chat, email or online tickets.
- Work to resolve Internal Customer service desk issues by providing necessary services, troubleshooting, fixes, workarounds, training and advice.
- Escalate more complex Service desk issues to the relevant Siemens IT team/technician within prescribed time limits.
- Manage Service desk requests from receipt of the support request through fulfillment/problem resolution, or escalation.
- Log all Internal Customer interactions in the ticket system.
- Document incident resolutions and knowledge for reuse by Internal Customers and IT support personnel.
- Comply with all of IT Service Management processes and best practices.
- Participate as requested in appropriate IT releases by testing the usability of such releases from an Internal Customer's perspective.
- Drive continuous improvement in IT request and support processes.
- Work on additional projects as requested and pre-approved by the team lead or manager.
- Be flexible to work any shift or overtime as requested.
Data Center Operations and monitoring
- Act as first point of contact in the event of a critical situation impacting Data Centers.
- Monitor physical data center environment.
- Familiar with halon/fire suppression, water detection.
- Prepares magnetic media for backup and offsite storage.
- Escalate issues as required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong and fast Key-boarding skills.
- Should have a strong understanding of basic computer hardware, software and networking systems, and be able to explain them in a clear, concise manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Help Desk/Service Desk experience
- Strong Working knowledge of current Microsoft based operating systems
- Strong Working knowledge of multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox)
- Knowledge of emerging tools, techniques and technologies
- Experience or training with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office and Office 365 with emphasis on Teams, Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience or training with set-up and troubleshooting of remote connectivity
- Working basic knowledge of Networks and troubleshooting network connection issues
- Must be located in the Cincinnati, OH area or willing to self-relocate to the area.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of Help Desk/Service Desk experience
- Previous Help Desk/Service Desk experience
- Knowledge, training or experience with Unix or Mac
- Knowledge of Antivirus software, PKI, data security and data encryption
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration, MCP, CompTIA, A+ and/or network+ certification would be
- Previous Service Desk or Network operations experience
- Account management, Active Directory knowledge (add, change)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Normal Office environment.
- Ability to sit long periods of time.
- Ability to talk on the phone long periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work any shift or overtime as requested.
- Travel is not expected in this position.
- Some light lifting and the ability to move through data center environment is required.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.